Getting Started with your Remodel
When considering a kitchen remodel, there are several factors to consider before planning the interior design of the kitchen. For your convenience, listed below are just some of the items to consider.
Who does the grocery shopping and how often?
- Does the primary cook do the shopping?
- How often is the shopping done; weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
- How much storage space will be needed?
Who primarily does the cooking?
- Wife, husband or both?
- Do the children cook and what are their needs?
- What are your cooking preferences: i.e. baking, family meals, gourmet meals, etc?
How will the space be used?
- Number of family members?
- Dine in kitchen or separate dining room?
- Do you need a small office space?
- Are there any physical challenges to be considered?
- What other functions do you need in addition to the traditional use?
How often do you entertain?
- If entertaining frequently, what are the needs to accommodate this in addition to the traditional use?
- If only occasional entertaining, are you wanting to accommodate those needs?
What are your personal style preferences?
- Architectural style?
- Have you begun to collect pictures and ideas?
What do you want to retain about your current kitchen, if any?
Will you be wanting new appliances or keep your current ones?
What kind of style do you envision for your cabinets as well as the features within your cabinets and drawers?
Are you wanting custom cabinetry, semi-custom, and what is the difference in the two?
What type of countertops are you considering? Granite, quartz, soapstone?
What is your total anticipated budget?
What are your anticipations in cost of cabinetry, flooring, countertops, etc?
What is the time frame you are considering for the project?
At Hahka Kitchens Design Center
Our interior design staff can help guide you through this decision making process. We have the knowledge and experience to help you make the best decision for the most important room in your home. Call today to see how we can help you!